More file formats: You can now upload external study lists into Headmagnet via these additional new formats, as well as the CSV and Tab-Delimited Text formats (mentioned in the previous post):
- Excel 97-2004 Workbooks (.xls)
- Excel XML Workbooks (.xlsx)
- Open Document Spreadsheets (.ods)
Just make sure the first row contains the field names.
Google Docs Spreadsheets: You can also import online spreadsheets from Google Docs to create study lists. Here are the steps in detail:
1. Create the spreadsheet in Google Docs and click the "Share" button.
2. Select the "Get the link to share" option.
3. Check off the "Allow anyone with the link to view" checkbox, copy the full link for the spreadsheet, and click the "Save & Close" button.
4. Now sign into Headmagnet, and click the big orange "Import" button on your "My Lists" page.
5. Select the "Import an online Google Spreadsheet" option, paste in the link, enter a title for the list, and click the "Import" button.