We've been working the past few months on some highly requested enhancements to Headmagnet, and are happy to finally release this large batch of new features today:
New and improved "My Lists" page
- Simpler, more efficient, and more useful: Lists and their study modes are now shown hierarchically for better organization and to allow more lists/modes to be shown per page. [screenshot]
Advanced viewing options: For users with dozens of lists, finding them can be quite a chore. Now you can group, filter and sort them [screenshot]:
- Filter lists by tag: This allows you to show only the lists that have a certain tag, and perform actions upon just those tagged lists. This lets you organize your lists into your own custom groups or subjects using the tags, and study just those lists.
- Filter lists by permissions: See just the lists that you have set to a public, friends-only, or private.
- Sort lists: Sort by newest first, title, permissions, most items, most users, and date last modified.
- Head toggle: Now you can quickly toggle whether a list or its study modes are in your head by clicking the head toggle icon next to a list or study mode.
Batch actions: Select multiple lists or study modes and perform actions on all of them [screenshot]:
- add or remove lists and modes from your head
- study all the selected lists/modes
- add tags many lists at the same time
- change the permissions of many lists at the same time
- make a copy of the selected lists
- move lists to the trash
Restoring Deleted Lists
- The "Deleted Lists" section of the "My Lists" page shows your deleted study lists. Deleted lists found there can be restored or purged. [screenshot]
- When a list is deleted, it will be removed from the heads of all the users who had it in their head. Keep in mind that when a list is restored from the Deleted Lists section, it does not automatically get added back to those users' heads.
- Deleted Modes: When an individual study mode is deleted, it is simply deleted. It doesn't go to the trash. It can't be restored.
- Headmagnet Pro is an account upgrade for power users, serious students who want to study even smarter, and teachers who want to be able to do even more with their study lists.
- Copy Study Lists: Ever wish you could change someone else's study list? With a pro account upgrade, you can make a copy of any study list that you can access. You can then edit the list, add/remove items, manage study modes, or share the list. This is also great for making a backup copy of a list, or for creating a template. A copied list's origin is displayed on the list's page with links to its source. [screenshot]
Export/Download Study Lists:
With a pro account, you can easily export study lists to a number of formats. [screenshot]
- CSV (Comma-separated values) (.csv)
- Tab-delimited text file (.tab)
- Excel 97-2004 Workbook (.xls)
- Excel XML Workbook (.xlsx)
- Open Document Spreadsheet (.ods)
- Print Flash Cards: With a pro account, you can print study modes as paper flashcards in a number of customizable layouts, paper sizes, orientations and fonts. Supports images, and automatic font sizing. Great for studying away from the computer. [screenshot 1] [screenshot 2]
- Drag and drop reordering of fields: With a pro account, you can reorder the fields in the item editor by simply dragging and dropping the field names. [screenshot]
- Drag and drop reordering of items: With a pro account, you can change the order of the items within a list by dragging and dropping them in the items section on the list editor page. [screenshot] If you have many items and want to see them all at once, you can toggle the items section to show all the items without the vertical scrollbar. [screenshot]
- Unlimited image uploads/month with a pro account. (Free accounts are limited to up to 20 MB of new image uploads per month)
- No more ads: With a pro account, there are no more ads to slow down your studying experience!
- Pro badge: Let others know that you're helping to fund additional new improvents to Headmagnet.
- It only costs about $2/month for a 1-year Headmagnet Pro upgrade. How much is the time savings and convenience worth to you? Upgrade now.